Monday, October 22, 2007

Saint Petersburg

Kind of cooling out. Been a long day. We got in around 3:30 this morning, and we all immediately crashed. Victoria gave Mama her bed, I slept on the couch, and Victoria bedded down with her daughter, Katie. I was so tired it took awhile to drift off to sleep.

When we got up, Victoria hired some of Katie's friends to come help us unload the truck. I was reluctant, because I hate to inconvenience anyone, but it was a good call. We got it unloaded quickly. I'm not sure Victoria and I could have pulled it off at all by ourselves. We probably won't recover from loading the truck for a couple of days yet.

I've made an ungodly mess of Victoria's house. There's stuff piled in my room (my “lair” as Victoria puts it), upstairs in the attic, in Michelle's room, and on the back porch (which is large and screened in). I'd like to sort it all out now, but it's going to take some time.

I'm already comfortable here. That probably says a lot. Victoria's girls don't know what to make of me yet, but there doesn't seem to be any immediate resistance. And a few of her critters are already making their peace with me being here.

Well, I'm tired. Beyond tired. Going to get some sleep. If anything feels strange about being here, it's mostly it already feels so much like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home