Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Day One, Month One, Year 2008

We're getting ready to leave Kings Mountain and head back to St. Pete. I figured it's sort of traditional to jot something down on the first day of the new year, so here I am ... jotting.

I won't wax too philosophical about the day. I have a lot to be grateful for, but that'll all be commented upon in the posts I haven't put up yet. All I'll say is that I'm heading into 2008 feeling really positive. It's going to be a great year. And if it isn't, I'm going to kill puppies. So there.

I'm not one to make resolutions. I think they're pointless. But I made some this year. Three, in fact.

1) I'm going to try to be more positive. I became increasingly negative in the past few years. That's a poison I don't want inside of me anymore.

2) Keep busy and be productive. I want great things to happen in 2008, and that means working for it. Work, work, work.

3) Start a new religion.

I won't explain the last one. I don't figure I need to. I'm not looking for followers or anything. I'm not asking anyone to believe what I believe. And whether or not you disagree with my outlook on things doesn't enter into it. I'm right. You're wrong. Get with the program! ;-)

Well, I should finish getting ready. As usual Mama has gotten scarce. She always does that when I'm leaving. An unconscious delaying tactic, I assume (which can be frustrating). But it's good to be loved, right?

Okay. Time to git. Happy New Year, everybody. I hope 2008 is a good year for you. I don't want to hear you whining later on if mine goes well and yours doesn't. So just let it go and have a great year. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home